Holidays are always a busy time for carpets. During the holidays, carpets see the most amount of foot traffic. But this foot traffic doesn’t just mean more dirt. It also brings in more spills, flings, and muddy things. You can help keep your carpets clean by having designated eating areas, and asking guests to take off their shoes. However, there are still going to be accidents. Most of the stains created during the holidays come from food and drinks. Whether it’s a can of soda, Cheetos, or ice cream, these holiday foods can be disastrous for your carpet if not taken care of properly. Here are some helpful tips to remove stains from your carpet when those unavoidable incidents occur. If these steps don’t work, you can always contact your carpet cleaning Virginia beach experts.
Carpet cleaning Virginia Beach Stain Removal Tips
For the stains that just happened, you still have some time to catch the substance before it seeps into the fibers of your carpet. Most stains can be removed with the following steps for fresh stains:
- Soak up as much of the stain as possible with a rag. Don’t scrub or force the towel into the carpet as this can further push the liquid into the fibers. Lay the rag over the stained area, and apply even pressure to the stain until the moisture is pulled out of the carpet and into the towel.
- Follow up the soaking with some water. Dampen the towel and again apply even pressure to the stained area. If the carpet stain is fresh, these first two steps may be all you need to get the stain out.
- Utilize a carpet detergent. If the stain still persists, try applying a carpet stain removal detergent to help loosen up the liquid that is locked into the fibers of your carpet. Scrub the affected area after application of the detergent using a soft brush. Once you have scrubbed the spot, go back to a wet rag and soak up the detergent and remaining contaminates.
- If the stain still persists, it may need more professional attention. But don’t worry, our carpet cleaning Virginia Beach experts are here to help you through your holiday stain Chaos.
Stains from Caked up Food
Like general carpet stains, tough and dry food stains requires a detergent. However, there are a few differences when removing regular stains and food stains. Here are the steps you need to take when trying to get those tough food stains out of your carpet.
- Remove the food from the top layer of the carpet. Use something to scrape the top layer of the food up. This can be a spoon, spatula, or anything that you can use to get a majority of the mess up.
- Use a detergent to help break up the remaining food that may be stuck in the fibers of the carpet. Use a soft brush, and scrub the carpet working inwards from the outer most edge of the stain.
- Soak up the spot with a wet rag, applying even pressure until most the food has been removed.
- Repeat step 3 until you have a clean carpet surface.
- Use water and soak up the spot until no soap remains.
- Continue to do this process until the stain is completely removed.
- If no prevail, contact your monster cleaning team and we can help you further with removing the stain.
The Importance of Moving in on the Stain Quickly
It is important to get cleaning on a stain as fast as possible. As time passes, the contaminates will seep deeper and deeper into your carpet fibers making it harder to remove the stain. Your instinct should be to soak up and collect as much of the material as possible and then carry on with the further steps.
Tips to Keep your Home Clean During the Holiday Season
- Lets face it. More people just means that you will have to clean the house more. You Can up your cleaning efforts to twice a week, which will significantly reduce built up dirt and messes throughout the time you have guests over.
- Even if you don’t think there are any stains in your house after a party or event, it is still a good idea to check. Take some time after you have guests over to walk around the house and inspect the carpet for any stains that may have snuck by during rush hour.
- Don’t use techniques that your grandma showed you to clean carpets. Follow the steps we provided above to remove stains from your carpet, and your carpet will love you.
- Don’t be afraid to give us a call. We are the carpet cleaning professionals, so why not ask us how to go about treating your carpets? If the job is something we believe you can solve we will give you the proper steps to fix the issue.